What we want for Christmas.
Recently I got asked by a triteam member "What should I ask my parents for Christmas that will help me in triathlon". The basics in this sport are basically clothes, bike, keeping bike in good shape, and good running shoes (updated every 300-400 miles) at your local running store. Why your local running store? Well, it is because they fit you for the right shoes so you don;t get injured. Other than these items, the most important part of triathlon is being healthy (mentally and physically). In order to do this, you need to train smart. So, a great present to ask for, if you don't have one, would be a Heart Rate Monitor. And whether or not you have that make sure you google the most appopriate ways to use it. This can be attained by looking up Mark Allen + HRM, the maffetone method, slowtwitch, or Brad Kearns. All of the sites that you will be led to will help you in understanding how to train properly. If you have any questions, you can ask a more experienced member on the team, like myself.
Chris
ps. make sure you stretch after every workout. If it is freezing outside, get inside quick and stretch there. plus, within 15 min. after every workout grab a snack, and within the hour get a meal to recover properly. also make sure you are fueled for your workouts.
Chris
ps. make sure you stretch after every workout. If it is freezing outside, get inside quick and stretch there. plus, within 15 min. after every workout grab a snack, and within the hour get a meal to recover properly. also make sure you are fueled for your workouts.

4 Comments:
If anyone wants a good article on how to build a base using the heart rate montitor let me know and I'll send you a pdf. The basic idea is that you build up at a lower aerobci heart rate rather than going fast at the start but using anaerobic reserves. This method ensures a much better rate of long term improvement and I've set my half marathon and 10K PRs with this sort of training after 7-8 years of running (when improvements can be hard to come by!)
Sounds great. I'll be sure and put an HR monitor on my list.
And I'm not sure how to get invited to this group seeing as how I can't private message you Joe... but it'd be awesome to get one. Thanks!
Great idea. I will have a clinic with all CSU triathletes that train with a heart rate monitor.
I would be happy if ya'll got me a Starbucks card for Christmas:)
By the Way It was Coach Wendy who said she wants the Starbucks card from dons email address.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home